The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) has announced 15 technologies that have earned this year’s Spotlight on New Technology Awards. The awards, which will be presented Monday, May 2, at 4 p.m. at OTC, recognize innovative new technologies in offshore E&P.
The winners are chosen from technologies that are:
- Less than two years old;
- Original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry;
- Proven – through full-scale application or successful prototype testing;
- Appealing throughout a wide spectrum of the industry; and
- Impactful and provide significant benefits beyond existing technologies.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Baker Hughes - Kymera™ Hybrid Bit Technology
- Baker Hughes - geoFORM™ conformable sand management system with Morphic™ technology
- Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd. - Canrig SureGrip™ Ball-and-Pocket Gripping Technology
- Halliburton - CleanWave™ Water Treatment Service
- MyCelx Technologies Corp - MyCelx Clean Water Technology System
- National Oilwell Varco - ShearMax™ Low Force Casing Shear Rams
- PG Pump Solutions and Techni - PG-MAPS®
- REELWELL AS - Reelwell - Multi Gradient System
- SBM OFFSHORE NV - High Voltage Electric AC Swivel
- SBM OFFSHORE NV - COOL® HOSE
- Schilling Robotics, LLC - Heavy-Duty ROV
- Schlumberger - Dielectric Scanner® Multifrequency Dielectric Dispersion Service
- Schlumberger - SonicScope® Multipole Sonic-While-Drilling Service
- Twin Filter BV. - Dynamic Centrifugal Coalescer
- Weatherford International Ltd. - Deepwater Closed-Loop Drilling System
For more information on OTC, visit www.otcnet.org/2011.